The Preview tool is a web client that's designed to provide a full preview of the conversational experience as you design, develop and test the bot.
Note the following about Preview:
- The conversation doesn't go through Conversational Cloud, so there's no need to deploy an agent connector to use Preview. Functionality that requires Conversational Cloud features (such as transfers) should be tested in a deployed web client. You can practice this using the Connect to Conversational Cloud tutorial.
- Within Preview, all structured content is displayed. Keep in mind that not all channels support all structured content objects. Make sure to test and verify the bot on the device or in the appropriate application. For a list of what a channel supports, see here.
- The Preview window toggles its display to show the Bot Logs window. For details on the Bot Logs window, see here.
To access the Preview window
- Click Preview in the upper-right corner.
Reset the session
If you've already opened the Preview window and subsquently made changes to the bot while the Preview window is open (i.e., while the current session is active), you'll need to reset the session so that Preview can reflect those changes.
To reset the session
- Click Reset Session in the Preview window. Alternatively, enter "reset" and press Enter.