For a flexible architecture and an optimal consumer experience, follow these best practices.
- Before you begin, ensure the content in the CMS is appropriate for conversational AI.
- Design a modular approach, where each knowledge base supports a particular classification in your business: Create external knowledge bases per category, likewise split the intents into domains based on category, and add multiple knowledge base integrations for use in bots. A modular approach like this makes it easier to use a knowledge base for a specific purpose in a bot. Moreover, it yields a faster response during the conversation.
- When you add an external knowledge base, configure it to use LivePerson AI whenever possible, and consider caching the fetched content at run time for improved performance.
External knowledge bases with AI
- Use the LivePerson engine for NLU, not LivePerson (Legacy).
- Remember to manually sync with the CMS after you make changes in the CMS.