After you've added your content and linked it to intents, tune the knowledge base for optimal performance. At a high-level, tuning involves:
- Performing a search using a consumer utterance.
- Reviewing the results.
- Adding or removing training phrases in the intents as needed.
To tune a knowledge base
- Open the knowledge base, and click Articles in the menu in the upper-left corner.
In the Answer Tester on the right, specify the following:
- Question: Enter the consumer utterance for which you want to find matching articles.
- Search mode: Select the type of search to perform. For explanations of each search mode, see Search modes farther below in this topic.
- Threshold: Select the NLU confidence threshold that an article must meet for it to be returned as a result. For more on thresholds, see Scoring and thresholds farther below in this topic.
- # of results: Select how many results to return.
- Article status: Select the status of the artice, either Active, Inactive, or All. This option is only available for internal knowledge bases.
- Click Get Answers.
Review the results under Matched Answers.
You can click on an article title to see the article, and toggle between this and its JSON.
- Based on the results, adjust the training phrases for the intents in the associated domain if needed.