After you've added your content, tune the knowledge base for optimal performance. At a high-level, tuning involves:
- Performing a search using a consumer utterance.
- Reviewing the results.
- Refining the articles and/or the associated intents if you're using intents.
Tune a knowledge base
- Open the knowledge base, and click Articles in the menu in the upper-left corner.
In the Answer Tester on the right, specify the following:
- Question: Enter the consumer utterance for which you want to find matching articles.
- Retrieve answers by: Select the type of search to perform.
- Threshold: Select the confidence threshold that an article must meet for it to be returned as a result.
- # of results: Select how many results to return.
- Article status: Select the status of the artice, either Active, Inactive, or All. This option is only available for internal knowledge bases.
- Click Get Answers.
Review the results under Matched Answers.
You can click on an article title to see the article, and toggle between this and its JSON.
- If you don’t get the results you expect, do one or both of the following depending on the type of search you're using: AI Search, Intent Match, or both:
- AI Search: If you have a consumer query for which there isn’t a relevant article to serve as the answer, just add that article. While it’s unlikely that an existing, relevant article won’t yield results, it might happen. In this case, improve the article’s title and/or add tags to the article.
- Intent Match: Adjust the training phrases for the intents in the associated domain.