Did you know that LivePerson has a Conversational AI forum for builders? Check it out!
The Getting Started with Bot Building - Messaging tutorial series includes five tutorials that build on one another:
- Dialogs & Patterns: Learn how to get started with a basic Messaging bot. This tutorial explores the concept of dialogs (the different conversation flows a bot can have) and patterns, which allow the bot to match user input and respond intelligently. You are guided through the creation of a simple "Hello World" bot.
- Intents: Dive deeper into user input matching and look at the more advanced concepts of intents and entities. Intents allow you to use our Natural Language Understanding (NLU) engine to enable your bot to more accurately match user input, while entities help with storing variable-like parameters for quick and easy data access.
- Integrations: Explore integrations, which allow your bot to query external APIs, bringing powerful new options to your conversations. Integrations let you programmatically access catalogs, databases, and other web services to super power your bot responses.
- Deploy the Bot: Bring it all together by deploying your Messaging bot to the Conversational Cloud environment and testing it out.
- Escalate to an Agent: Ensure users have all their needs met by providing a way for them to contact a human agent. Test this functionality by accepting incoming messages from the Conversational Cloud.