Step 1: Activate Voice features
You need administrator access on the account to activate our Voice features. Contact your admin if you need assistance.
- Log into Conversational Cloud.
Open the menu on the left side of the page, and select Manage > Management Console.
In the Management Console, search for "Voice bots" to display the Voice Bots page.
Click Click to activate.
Scroll down, and in the pop-up window, enter your email address. Then review the terms and conditions, and check the box to indicate that you’ve done so. Click Agree.
Setup of your account for Voice bots can take a short while. You’ll receive a notification email that lets you know that you can get started. When you receive this email, continue on to the next step.
Step 2: Activate Generative AI features
You need administrator access on the account to activate our Generative AI features. Contact your admin if you need assistance.
Return to the Management Console. Search for “Generative AI” to display the Generative AI Enablement page.
Click Sign to activate.
- In the pop-up window, specify the following:
- Brand name: Acme Medical
- Industry: Healthcare
During queries to the Large Language Model (LLM) service, your brand name and industry are included in the prompt that gets sent to the service. It helps the responses to stay in bounds, i.e., specific to your brand, with fewer hallucinations.
Review the terms and conditions, and check the box to indicate that you’ve done so. Click Agree.
- Review the info in the confirmation window: You’ll need to log out and back in. And it might take 15 minutes or so before the features are active. Click Ok, got it.
- Wait 15 minutes or so before proceeding to the next step.
- Log out of Conversational Cloud and then log back in.
Step 3: Activate C2M features
- Request that your LivePerson representative activate our Connect-to-Messaging (C2M) features in your account.
- Request from your LivePerson representative the client ID and client secret that the Transfer to Messaging credential must use. (This credential is needed to establish a secure and authorized communication channel between the Conversation Builder Voicebot and LivePerson’s C2M system.)
You can proceed while you wait for these to be done, but you’ll need to make sure they’re done before you complete the Transfer to Messaging tutorial.
Step 4: Create a skill
In the case of a Voicebot, when the consumer makes a call to a phone number, if the phone number’s assigned skill matches the Voice bot’s assigned skill, the Voice bot answers the call.
In this step, you create the skill that you’ll later assign to both the phone number and the bot.
- Open the menu on the left side of the page, and select Manage > Users & Skills to open the Management Console.
- Select the Skills tab.
- Click + Add skill in the lower-left corner.
- Specify the following:
- Name: voicebotSkill
- Description: Skill to be used by voicebot
- Click Save.
Step 5: Claim a phone number
If you have an existing number that you want to use in Production, you can. Contact your LivePerson representative to assist with this. But for the purpose of this tutorial, you’ll claim a number to use.
- Open the menu on the left side of the page, and select Manage > Management Console to open the Management Console.
Search for “Phone Number Management,” and select it.
Under Add Phone Numbers, enter the toll-free or local phone number that you want to acquire, and click Search. (You can search for local numbers by region or area code.)
Click the Select button for the phone number.
Click Checkout, and then click Confirm at the bottom of the list.
This takes you to Connectivity Profiles. (It might take a few minutes for the purchase to be completed.)
Locate (or search for) the number that you just claimed, and click the corresponding Edit Details menu option.
If you can’t find the number, manually refresh the page, and then retry the search.
- In the Edit Details window, specify the following:
- Description: Calls for Acme Medical Pharmacy
- Skill: voicebotSkill
There’s no need to create a campaign or engagement or assign either to a number.
Click Save Details.
The phone number is enabled automatically and ready for use.
Step 6: Download tutorial resources
- Download this ZIP file, which contains a few, necessary resources.
Continue on to the next tutorial in the series.