In this final Getting Started tutorial, you add an Agent Escalation dialog to connect the user with a human agent.
Watch the video
Step 15: Create a Human skill
- Return to the User Management section of the Conversational Cloud.
- Select the Skills tab from the menu bar, and click + Add skill in the lower-left corner.
Complete the Add skill form with the following:
- Name: Human
- Description: Transfer to a human agent
Leave the remaining fields as default, and click Save.
- After saving, you will be back in the Skills section of User Management. Select the skill you’ve just created, as you need to reference the Skill ID.
From the URL, take note of the Skill ID. This is the number at the end of the URL.
- Click the Users link from the menu bar, and select your profile that you’ve used to log in to the Conversational Cloud.
Navigate to the Assignment section at the bottom of the Edit user form. Ensure that you have an Agent profile assigned to you, and select your newly created Human skill in the Skills field.
- Click Save.
Lastly, ensure that you are showing as available: Click your profile icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and update your status to Online.
From here, we’ll navigate back to Conversation Builder to create our Escalation dialog.
Step 16: Create the Escalation dialog
- In Conversation Builder, click Add Dialog in the lower-left corner, and create a new standard dialog (dialog type = Dialog) with the name "Escalation."
In the dialog starter, set this dialog to be triggered using patterns. Select + Pattern and enter the following pattern values:
Alternatively, use the pattern library that you've used before to add the "Help" set of patterns. Then click Save.
On triggering this dialog, we want to transfer the user to a human agent. For this, you use the Agent Transfer interaction. Select this from the Integrations section of the Interactions menu. Notice that you immediately receive an error message stating ‘Agent skill id is not set.’.
- Modify the transfer message by clicking into the interaction and typing. Modify this message to say, "Transferring to a human agent…"
Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the interaction to open the Interaction Settings. Click the Advanced tab, and paste in or enter the skill ID for our Human skill that you took note of earlier.
Let's re-test the deployed bot to ensure that human escalation is happening as expected.
Step 17: Test the escalation
- Open a new browser tab, and navigate to the Messaging demo page. Enter your account number and username, and click Update.
- Click into the Messaging call to action, and wake your bot with a "hi" or "hello."
- From here, type in one of the patterns you used when creating the Escalation dialog.
If successful, you now see the updated transfer message from the Agent Escalation interaction. You also hear a phone ring from your Conversational Cloud browser tab.
- Navigate back to the Conversation Cloud browser tab. Note the Agent Workspace icon on the left of the page shows a notification badge with the number 1. Click the Agent Workspace icon.
In the lower-left corner, click Accept.
You can now communicate with the demo browser tab using the messaging interface in Conversational Cloud. Try sending a few messages back and forth to see the conversation in action.
Congratulations on completing this tutorial series! To learn more, check out the Bot Groups & Other Techniques tutorial series.