The Settings tab in the Interaction Details widget is where you configure some key settings for the interaction.
Access the Settings tab
Select the interaction to configure, and click the icon (Interaction Details) that's displayed to its right.
Click the Settings tab.
- ID: This is useful for debugging.
- Interaction Name: Change the name to something memorable and useful to reference in the Next Step selector.
- Interaction Type: Shows the interaction type. Be aware that it is possible to change the type from this drop-down list.
Interaction Delay: Set the millisecond time delay before sending this message.
If you see messages out of order, add a 1000-2000 millisecond (1-2 second) delay. A 2-second delay is recommended to ensure a consistent message order.
- Interaction Enabled: Set this On/Off slider to Off to disable the interaction, i.e., to exclude it from being executed as a part of the dialog flow. The default value is On (Enabled).
Settings in User Says interactions
The following are additional settings in User Says interactions:
- Patterns: A pattern is a text string that is matched against user input in order to trigger a bot message. Enter the pattern against which to match the input. See here for more information on pattern matching.
- Exclude Keywords: An "exclude keyword" is a text string that is matched against user input in order to not trigger a bot message.
- Intent: Intents are another way (in addition to patterns, above) for the bot to understand the user's meaning. Intents can be matched against user input in order to trigger a bot message. Select the intent against which to match the input.