The Interaction Settings dialog is where you can configure some key settings for an interaction.
Access the Interaction Settings dialog
- Select the interaction.
- In the interaction's upper-right corner, click (Settings icon).
Basic settings are those that are common to all interactions.
- ID: This is useful for debugging.
- Interaction Name: Change the name to something memorable and useful to reference in the Next Action selector.
- Interaction Type: Shows the interaction type. Be aware that it is possible to change the type from this drop-down list.
Interaction Delay: Set the time delay in milliseconds before sending this message. You can specify a maximum value of 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds). Specifying a botContext variable as the value isn’t supported.
If you see messages out of order, add a 1000-2000 millisecond (1-2 second) delay. A 2-second delay is recommended to ensure a consistent message order.
To override this delay, use the setMessageDelay scripting function in the Pre-Process code of the interaction.
- Enable Interaction: Set this On/Off slider to Off to disable the interaction, i.e., to exclude it from being executed as a part of the dialog flow. The default value is On (Enabled).
- Message When Response Unrecognized: Applicable to questions only. Enter the text to be sent to the user if none of the defined conditions are met.
If the interaction type has additional, interaction-specific settings, these are found on an Advanced tab. See the documentation on the given interaction type for details.