The following prerequisites are required:
- An active LiveEngage account
- Bot technology: whether you build it in-house or select a vendor
- Defined use cases. Bots can handle a vast array of tasks, however, for bots to be successful, they should be focused on small automated tasks. Ensure that before you begin working on a bot, the business has identified the use cases that this bot should service.
- Bot responses and answer tree (including structured content and visual design) configured within the selected technology.
- APIs or integration ability to other systems where needed based on the defined use cases. For example, if the use case for your bot is to 'check account balance’ - you must have the ability to plug the bot into the appropriate system to fetch this information.
- Design the identify of your bot - what name will it use? What avatar?