API Integrations allow Conversation Builder to perform some action or access the features or data of an external service. For example, you might want to retrieve information on specific items in your product catalog, so you can use that information in interactions in a dialog.
To add an API integration
- Open the bot, and click Integrations in the upper-right corner.
- Configure the integration settings (required fields are marked with asterisks):
- Integration Name: Enter the name of integration. Enter a name that's meaningful (it describes well the integration's purpose), concise, and follows a consistent pattern. This helps with organization, and it makes it easier for bot developers to work with the integration during bot development.
- Response Data Variable Name: Enter the name of the response data variable.
- Integration Type: Select API.
- Method: Select the type of HTTP request method.
- URL: Enter the request target, the URL.
- Credential: Select the credential to use for authentication if applicable. The bot will automatically enhance the request based on the credential's type and data.
- Request Headers: Add any message headers to include in the request.
- Request Parameters: Add the request parameters to pass in the URL’s query string.
- Post Body: Enter the payload to send.
- Custom Data Fields: Add the fields that will store the result data in key/value pairs. Users who are tasked with creating bots can use and display this data in interactions by referencing these fields as described here.
- Click Save.