The Simple Lead Gen template is designed to capture contact information from a customer and send the results to an email address.
The template uses text interactions only, so it can be deployed to any channel without modification. Escalation to an agent is also included.
- The Welcome dialog greets the user and then navigates to the first interaction in the LeadGen dialog.
- Lead Gen
- This is the main dialog for collecting the user’s contact information.
- By default this dialog collects (and attempts to validate) the user’s name, email address and phone number. There is also an interaction to collect a description of their interest.
- Will display when the user enters an utterance that is not recognized.
- This will perform a transfer to a particular Conversational Cloud skill.
- As you would expect, this will perform a transfer to a Conversational Cloud skill.
- This integration will send an email to the ownerEmail address supplied which contains all of the collected fields from the LeadGen dialog.
General dialog customization
You will want to review each of the dialogs, starting with Welcome and Lead Gen, and customize the verbiage used to greet your customer and request their details. This is done simply by editing the text copy of the interactions and hitting Enter or using the menu to Save.
Lead Gen dialog
The name, email and phone number steps of the LeadGen dialog are performing some level of validation on the user’s response using RegEx. You can supply your own RegEx if you prefer.
For email address and phone number capture, we allow a certain number of attempts before we escalate to an agent. These can be configured to your liking in the Global Functions.
// Max count of fail user inputs setVariable('maxEmailInvalidAttempts', 2); setVariable('maxPhoneInvalidAttempts', 2);
If you want to remove some of the lead gen capture interactions (e.g., phone number), you will need to be sure to review the Next Action navigation so that the previous interaction will go to the next interaction in the dialog.
Click Global Functions to access all the Global functions and variables to be configured.
The Send to Email integration is enabled by default. If you would like to use this, modify the following values:
|ownerEmail||Email to send information collected by bot|
|replyEmail||Reply To email address, displayed to the user in their email program|
|emailText||Initial email text, instead of "Lead Gen Form Results" value|
If the user requests an agent or if they reach the max invalid attempts on email or phone, they will be escalated to a Liveperson Agent.
Modify the following values in Global Functions:
|escalationBotMessage||What the bot should say prior to hand off|
|botAgentSkillId||The skill id you will transfer to|
|botAgentSkillName||The skill name you will transfer to|