Use the LivePerson Functions integration to invoke a function (lambda) that is deployed to the LivePerson Functions (Function as a Service or FaaS) platform. There are no constraints here; if there is some custom logic (a function) you want to invoke with a bot, you can do it with a LivePerson Functions integration.
To add a LivePerson Functions integration
- Open the automation, and click Integrations in the upper-left corner.
- Configure the integration settings:
- Integration Name: Enter the name of integration. Enter a name that's meaningful (it describes well the integration's purpose), concise, and follows a consistent pattern. This helps with organization, and it makes it easier for bot developers to work with the integration during bot development.
- Response Data Variable Name: Enter the name of the response data variable.
- Integration Type: Select FaaS.
Function: Select the function (
lambda) to invoke via this integration. You can select from all functions added under your LivePerson account. Each is listed with its status. The Function list provides an easy pass-through to the Functions UI in case you still need to create or modify the relevant function. Clicking Create New Function or (pencil icon) beside a function name opens a new browser window and prompt you to log into the Functions UI where you can do the work. Once done, return here and click (reload icon) to refresh the Function list if needed.
- Function Headers: Add the necessary data in key/value pairs to pass into the request via the header.
- Function Payload: Enter the payload to pass into the function.
- Custom Data Fields: Add the fields that will store the result data in key/value pairs. Users who are tasked with creating automations can use and display this data in interactions by referencing these fields as described here.
- Click Save.