File integrations support the ability of consumers to upload files that you require.
In a dialog, a File Upload interaction begins the upload process. It's immediately followed with an Integration interaction that invokes a File integration in particular (Integration type = File). It's the File integration that uploads the file to your external file share.
To add a File integration
- Open the bot, and click Integrations in the upper-left corner.
- Configure the integration settings (required fields are marked with asterisks):
- Integration Name: Enter the name of integration. Enter a name that's meaningful (it describes well the integration's purpose), concise, and follows a consistent pattern. This helps with organization, and it makes it easier for bot developers to work with the integration during bot development.
- Response Data Variable Name: Enter the name of the response data variable.
- Integration Type: Select File.
- Method: Select the type of HTTP request method. PUT and POST are industry standards and commonly used.
- URL: Enter the request target, i.e., the URL for your external upload service that can accept the file stream.
- Credential: Select the credential to use for authentication if applicable. The bot will automatically enhance the request based on the credential's type and data.
- Request Headers: Add any message headers to include in the request.
- Request Parameters: Add the request parameters to pass in the URL’s query string.
- Post Body: Enter the payload to send.
- Custom Data Fields: Add the fields that will store the result data in key/value pairs. Users who are tasked with creating bots can use and display this data in interactions by referencing these fields as described here.
- Click Save.