SDK version 5.12.0
For all previous release notes versions, see all release notes.
Release date: September 15, 2022
Android Messaging SDK version 5.12.0 release includes support for Android 13, provides improved accessibility support, bug fixes and enhancements.
The Android Mobile Messaging SDK version 5.12.0 uses:
- Minimum API version 21
- Compile API version 33
- Target API version 33
- Maps SDK "com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps:17.0.1"
- Structured Content Library “com.liveperson.android:lp_structured_content:2.4.0”
- Date Picker Library “com.liveperson.android:lp-date-picker:2.0.1”
- Schedule Slot List Library "com.liveperson.android:lp-appointment-scheduler:2.0.0" (compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion bumped to 33 to support Android 13)
SDK File Sharing Thumbnail Obfuscation
- SDK now supports file sharing image thumbnail obfuscation to protect PII of a consumer.
- Contact your Account Team to have the feature enabled on your account.
To support SDK Photo and File sharing feature on Android 13 and above, a new permission has been added:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_MEDIA_IMAGES" />
Improvements on the TalkBack accessible experience for vision-impaired users.
- Phone number sent with other text in the message are not marked as link.
- Failed to detect email address in a message.
- SDK fails to display link preview for some of the valid links.