Release date: January 21, 2020
The Android Mobile Messaging SDK version 5.1.0 release offers a few powerful features, improvements on the TalkBack accessible experience for vision-impaired users and bug fixes.
The Android Mobile Messaging SDK version 5.1.0 uses:
- Minimum API version 19
- Compile API version 29
- Target API version 29
- Maps SDK "com.google.android.gms:play-services-maps:16.1.0"
(unchanged from version 5.0.0)
- Consumers can now send Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx), PowerPoint (.pptx), and PDF (.pdf) documents to Agents.
- Photo Upload Preview window is now a child fragment of the SDK, rather than a new Activity that must push and pop on the Activity Stack.
- Scroll Behavior Configuration: Clients can now use flags in our branding.xml config file to set the messaging window scroll behavior in various cases.
lp_scroll_show_conversationsets the scrolling behavior for when the SDK window is shown via a call to
lp_scroll_when_foregroundsets the scrolling behavior for when the app and SDK are resumed from a background state.
lp_scroll_when_push_notificationsets the scrolling behavior for when the SDK is launched from a tap on a push notification.
lp_scroll_when_scroll_downsets the scrolling behavior for when the "scroll to bottom" UI element is tapped within the SDK window.
- Each of these can be set to "Bottom" (auto-scrolls all the way down) or "FirstUnreadMessage" (auto-scrolls down to show the oldest unseen message).
lp_scroll_when_push_notificationcan also be set to "LastPosition" (does not auto-scroll at all).
- For more detailed information, see the Scroll Behavior Configuration page.
- Also added
lp_scroll_to_bottom_after_resolve_conversation, a setting to allow enabling or disabling the auto-scroll-to-bottom when
enable_conversation_resolved_separatorare disabled and a conversation is resolved.
- Conversation Resolved message should now always contain the Agent's name, rather than simply 'resolved by agent'.
- Bot agents that do not send a done-typing notice between messages will no longer cause unnecessary whitespace in message history.
- Link previews should now appear even if the link does not contain a protocol prefix (http:// or https://).
- Long-tapping a link for a context menu will no longer also attempt to open the link.
- Fixed a pair of crashes related to loading messages.
- Metadata attached to Structured Content actions is now included in the retry, if connection is lost during the first attempt.
- Corrected a typo in our Portuguese translations.
Accessibility-specific bugs fixed
- Links that generate Previews will now properly be described by TalkBack as links.
- Structured Content Buttons that open hyperlinks will now be described as "links" instead of "buttons".
- Links without protocol prefixes (http:// or https://) are now clickable using TalkBack.
- Phone Number and Email Address "links" (tel: and mailto:) are now clickable using TalkBack.
- Opening a photo attachment will no longer leave TalkBack focus on the screen behind it.
- Removed an extra stop when using TalkBack swipe gestures to navigate between elements of a Structured Content Carousel.
- Removed unnecessary TalkBack swipe gestures needed to navigate through Structured Content Map elements.
- Structured Content now scales with system accessibility Text Size settings, preventing cramped content elements with scaled-up text.
- Fullscreen photo view no longer erroneously suggests that the photo can be double-tapped, and will now only provide double-tap-and-hold instructions.
- 'Signup' auth flow is officially deprecated by the LivePerson Mobile SDK, and will reach end-of-life on the 30th of June, 2020.
- Please contact LivePerson through our client support channels to learn how to migrate your app to Authenticated or Unauthenticated auth flows (other contact options: chat with us on this page, or message Support).